Love Guinness, then don't miss your chance to get involved with our ‘Perfect Pour’ Competition, where you could be in with a chance of winning a trip to Dublin including a visit to the Guinness Storehouse!
All you need to do is join us at Flat Iron Square from 5 - 7pm between 15 - 17th March and pour yourself the perfect pint of Guinness - according to Guinness' strict criteria - and we'll enter you into the prize draw, it's as simple as that.
The Perfect Pour
To make things easier, we've even listed below what Guinness consider the ‘perfect’ pour, and the criteria we'll be judging your pour against. Don't worry though, we'll take care of the temperature, glass and taste!
- The Pour - You should pour to the top of the harp, leave to settle, then push the tap back to top up - making sure there's no overspill, the badge is presented forward, and the nozzle never touches the beer.
- The Head - The head size must be creamy and consistent, between 12mm and 18mm (15 is optimum).
- Temperature - Guinness should always be served at five degrees, or three degrees if Extra Cold.
- Glass - Glass should be clean and dry, branded with the Guinness logo and the beer should be clean - no misting or bubbles stuck to the side.
- Taste - You should get the bitterness of the roasted barley, followed by the sweetness of the hops. Simple, yet delicious.
- When: Tuesday 15th, Wednesday 16th and Thursday 17th
- Where: The Guinness mobile bar (located in The Garden)
- Time: 5pm - 7pm
- Entry: A pint of Guinness (per attempt)
- T&Cs: T&Cs apply